Interinstitutional M.Sc in Organic Electronics (TEI & University of Crete): October 2017
Graphene based organic and hybrid SCsTuning of optoelectronic properties of solution processable graphene (SPG) and other 2D crystals derivatives. Functionalization and doping of SPG for fine tuning of their work-function. Incorporation of SPG in all the components of organic and perovskite solar cells.
Nanoparticle-based plasmonic SCsDevelopment of a wide range of strategies of incorporating plasmonic nanoparticles (NPs) for light trapping into either the active or the buffer layer or at various interfaces within the PV cell architecture. Exploration of enhancement mechanisms (morphology, LSPR, scattering).
Hybrid solar cellsResearch and development for the upscaling of organic and hybrid organic-inorganic technologies via defining a technological process for organic/hybrid cells, and developing fabrication processes towards industrialization.
Inks for flexible electronicsProduction of graphene and other 2D nanomaterials inks specifically tailored for utilization as buffer and electrode layers in various solution processable devices.
Publications Covers 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 Before 2012
Extending the continuous operating lifetime of perovskite solar cells with a molybdenum disulfide hole extraction interlayerAdvanced Energy Materials (2018) in press
Effects of alkyl side chains positioning and presence of fused aromatic units in the backbone of low-bandgap diketopyrrolopyrrole copolymers on the optoelectronic properties of organic solar cellsPolym. Sci., Part A: Polym. Chem. 2018, 56, 138–146
Recent advances in plasmonic metal and rare-earth-element upconversion nanoparticles doped perovskite solar cellsJournal of Materials Chemistry A (2017) 5, 21604-21624
Ternary solution-processed organic solar cells incorporating 2D materials2D Materials (2017) 4, 042005
Ternary organic solar cells incorporating zinc phthalocyanine with improved performance exceeding 8.5%Dyes and Pigments (2017) 146, 408–413
Mediaand press presence
- Prof. Emmanuel Kymakis, Primary Researcher
- Dr. Kostantinos Petridis, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Minas Stylianakis, Postdoctoral Researcher
- Dr. Fotis Kalaitzakis, Postdoctoral Researcher
- George Kakavelakis, PhD Candidate
- George Viskadouros, PhD Candidate
- Miron Krassas, PhD Candidate
- Gina Kalafataki, Postgraduate student
- Temur Maksudov, Postgraduate student
- Christos Polyzoidis, Laboratory Engineer
- George Veisakis, Laboratory Engineer
- Michael Papahatzakis, Laboratory Engineer
- Anna Orfanoudaki, PA to Prof. Kymakis